Dr. Trevor Hart, C. Psych
- Dr. Hart is a Full Professor in the Department of Psychology at Toronto Metropolitan University.
- Dr. Hart is an internationally recognized researcher in clinical psychology and health psychology who develops new psychotherapies and counselling programs.
- Dr. Hart has published over 175 articles and book chapters in clinical psychology and health psychology.
- Dr. Hart trains graduate students in clinical psychology at several Canadian universities in psychotherapy and psychological assessment.
- Dr. Hart has provided training workshops in evidence-based psychotherapies and counselling to over 200 psychologists, other mental health providers, and social service workers.
- Dr. Hart teaches both undergraduate and graduate students in clinical and health psychology.
- He is a registered psychologist with extensive training in treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, and psychological treatment of medical diseases including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and HIV/AIDS.
- Dr. Hart has extensive training in psychotherapy with diverse populations, including therapy with ethnically and racially diverse populations, and therapy with gay men, lesbian women, queer people, and bisexual people.
- Dr. Hart completed his Ph.D. in clinical psychology at Temple University, and conducted a postdoctoral fellowship at Emory University Medical School and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.